Choosing good sources of carbs can help you control your blood sugar as well as your weight. Eating wholefood and healthier carbohydrates can help prevent a host of chronic conditions, especially diabetes, but it can also place you in a lower risk of heart disease.
Choosing low glycaemic foods can balance blood sugar levels. High glycaemic foods result in a quick sugar spike.
If you have diabetes, you probably know all too well that when you eat carbohydrates, your blood sugar spikes. The total amount of carbs as well as the type of carb you consume at a meal or in a snack will determine what your blood sugar will do and how quickly it will spike.
For example, a serving of white rice will result in a quick, high spike in blood sugar levels. A serving of lentils has a slower and more balanced effect on your blood sugars.
The glycaemic index is a tool that measures how much a food boosts blood sugar. You can choose foods according to the glycaemic index (GI).
Choosing Low Glycaemic Foods
Alternatives for High Glycaemic Foods:
• Brown rice instead of white rice
• Steel cut oats instead of instant oatmeal
• Bran flakes instead of cornflakes
• Wholemeal pasta instead of baked potato
• Wholemeal bread instead of white bread
• Peas or leafy green vegetables instead of corn
Seafood and Salads
Go Easy on the Alcohol
• Alcohol is just empty calories, providing no nutritional value. So perhaps swap every second drink for sparkling water. Or opt for a healthier vodka, soda and lime – rather than sugary champagne or beer.
• What would Christmas be without these dishes? As this is part of tradition, it is hard to go without. These can be made using healthier ingredients.
• Christmas is a family time. Traditionally this family time is spent interacting around Christmas meals. The answer to enjoying our time without bursting the seams is to fill up on the healthy alternatives first, then tuck into the sweets, but do this in moderation.
1. Grab my FREE ‘Ramp Up Business Abundance” process
Use the techniques to break through the 5 major barriers, which are keeping you locked in doubt, mistrusting your decisions and leaking energy and money flow. Open the doors to new levels of success, boost aligned support, and magnetize your goals.
— Click Here Discover the keys to support your path, remain balanced this month, and manoeuvre through obstacles to manifest and build your dreams.
2. Join my FB tribe > Passionate Vital Intuitives
Connect with heart-centred therapists, facilitators, and healers, who are growing their businesses to new heights of success, doing what they love, while making a difference in the world.
— Click Here
3. Join the ‘THRIVE: Financial Freedom’ program and be a Case Study
I’m putting together a new 3-month mentoring ‘case study’ group at ALKYMIA this month. If you’d like to work to me, to upgrade your client attraction, improve cash flow, and help your goals flourish, by accessing ancestral wisdom, liberate your soul’s calling, connect deeply to the multi-dimensional spirit realms, and aligning the inner and outer world, to stand in the fullness of your Brilliance
… just reply to this message and put “Case Study” in the subject line.
– Click here
4. Work with me privately
If you’d like to work directly with me, to help your practice ascend to higher levels of influence and take a stand as a leader of your community… just reply to this message and put “Private” in the subject line… tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to work on together, and we’ll get you all the details!